Getting docker running on Debian 7 (with some stuff from testing, with home rolled kernel, i.e. all over the place)
- Enable thin provisioning for devicemapper/LVM in kernel
- Enable bridge module for networking in kernel
- Enable CONFIGNETFILTERXTMATCHADDRTYPE in kernel if not already enabled (See "Issue 4088":https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/4088) (needs Netfilter Advanced option on)
- Turn on IPV4 Forwarding in /etc/sysctl.conf (then run sysctl -p)
- Add non-root user to the docker group (adduser [name] docker) - Be aware this effectively gives root access - see "Docker Attack Surface":https://docs.docker.com/articles/security/#docker-daemon-attack-surface
- (Then if logged in su [username] to update your groups)
Let the docking begin!